Each year in the United States an estimated two to six million women are victims of domestic violence. Domestic violence is defined as a pattern of assaultive and coercive behaviors, including physical, sexual, financial, spiritual and psychological abuse. Domestic violence is about control, manipulation and domination. Ninety-five percent of assaults on spouses or ex-spouses are committed against women.
Too afraid and too shame to speak up there are countless numbers of women sitting in Churches all across America suffering in silence. Victims are perpetrators from all ages, racial, socio economic, sexual orientation, educational. occupational, geographic and religious group. According to research the following statistics are alarming:
- Domestic violence is the leading cause of injury to women more than car accidents, mugging & rape combined.
- Everyday in the U.S. more than three women are murdered by their husbands or boyfriends.
- Women ages 19-29 reported more violence by intimate partners than any other age group.
- 40-60% of men who abuse women also abuse the children.
- Studies reveal that up to 10 million children witness some form of domestic violence annually.
- On averages 1 in 5 high school and college students experience experience dating abuse.
- As many as 324,000 women each year experience intimate partner violence during pregnancy.
- Although battered women comprise of 20-30% of ambulatory care patients only 1 in 20 is correctly identified as such by medical practitioners & only about one-seventh of all domestic assault come to the attention of police.
If you or someone you love has ever experienced domestic violence you are in need of a personal, life changing encounter with a powerful God. If you are ready to learn how to move from surviving to thriving and from victims to victor you need this book. Learn biblical-based principles that will help you embraces your season of preparation. Get in position to thrive, flourish, prosper and succeed in every area of your life. You will live again, laugh again, live again and dream again. Order a copy of "The Exodus Breaking Cycles and Changing Lives" from retailers below.
If you have any questions feel free to use the contact Crossroad Women and Family Services!
Are you looking for a keynote speaker, seminar presentation, webinar, leadership training or professional development or book signing event for your staff? We'd love to partner with you. Let's connect!