Are you interested in counseling?
Counseling is available to help you better understand yourself and identify your individual needs. Why is this important? When your needs are met you are able to fulfill your purpose, dreams and goals. You are able to enjoy your family and work as well as balance enjoy your life, hobbies, health, finances and relationships. When your needs are not being met it can cause stress and anxiety. Other possible symptoms include depression, dissatisfaction, fear, loneliness, frustration, anger, marriage and family problems, poor work performance, weariness, exhaustion and inter/intra personal conflicts at home or work.
The good NEWS is we specialize in helping you better understand yourself and identify your temperament needs. Having a better understanding of yourself enables you to help yourself and help significant people in your life understand what helps and what don't.
Please take a moment and read more information about temperament. To schedule a FREE 15 minute consultant to learn about temperament counseling for yourself or your child/children please submit a contact form below. We serve students struggling in school with behavior, overcoming grief, losing a parent, pet or peer, building confidence and self-esteem, choosing good friends, SMART dating, exploring college, careers, small business ownership or post-secondary training.
What is temperament? Temperament is the inborn (not genetic) part of who you are that determines how you respond to people, places and things. Your temperament impacts how you interact with your environment and the world around you. It affects your perception of yourself and others. Your temperament also determines how you respond to the stresses of life.
What is the purpose of temperament? The purpose of temperament is your specific designed and wiring. It helps you to understand how God uniquely created you with specific gifts, strengths, abilities, and weaknesses.
From where did my temperament originate? Upon your conception your temperament was imparted within you by God for a divine purpose. Learning about your temperament strengths and needs will empower you, enlighten you and aid you in identifying:
1. Ways you may be trying to get your temperament needs met.
2. What type of career choices are in alignment with your temperament.
3. How to overcome stress, anxiety and depression.
4. How to effectively address conflict within oneself and with others.
5. How to improve your relationships at home, workplace, community
6. How to discover your leadership gifting and potential.
7. Identifying your love language and knowing your needs can greatly enhance relationships with your spouse, children, relatives and others.
Patrina Torres is a NCCC Licensed Minister of Pastoral Counseling and a NCCA Certified Temperament Counselor specializing in temperament.
Her training through the National Christian Counselors Association (NCCA) has provided her with deep insight into human behavior. With a belief that a holistic approach is important when helping clients understand who they are she is passionate about promoting good mental and behavioral health within the communities she serves.
She is affiliated with National Christian Counselors Association (N.C.C.A.) a professional training, licensing and certification agency. Sarasota Academy of Christian Counselors (S.A.C.C.) Certified through the National Christian Counselors Association and its Licensing Board of Examiners she is also:
- A credentialed minister whose goal is to evangelize and ease the emotional pain and suffering of humanity.
- Providing services under the authority of a legally organized national church organization.
- Completed specialized training provided by the National Christian Counselors Association.
- Completed the minimum requirements for continuing education and annual license renewal.
- Upholds the National Christian Counselors Association Code of Ethics.
For information about counseling, coaching, consulting or training please complete the contact form. We look forward to connecting!